1.02.2012

inspired {metallics}

Happy 2012 to everyone! How was your New Years Eve? Tell me all about your fun filled night, whether it was a mellow evening at home with family and friends, like mine, or a rowdy night out on the town. What was the highlight of your last night in 2011?

I must still have all of the glitter and glamour of NYE on my mind because I can't stop thinking about the lovely metallics I've been seeing everywhere.

Clockwise: Plated Tumblers {source unknown}, Chambord French Press from Bodum, Rondo Gold Cutlery from Cutipol {via Horne}, Gilded Porcelain Bowl from Wendy Haworth {via One Kings Lane}.

 Speaking of metallics in the kitchen, it's so refreshing to see brass and gold starting to appear in well-appointed kitchens again. At last, a break from the monotony of all stainless steel and chrome. I personally love the look of mixed metals. Much more lived in looking... Not too perfect. 

What do you think? Would you ever put brass or gold accents in your kitchen?

If you have not yet gotten your fill of metallics, visit my new folder on Pinterest called inspired {metallics} to find all of these images plus a whole lot more metallic goodness.

Have a great Monday!

6 comments:

  1. Gold is my absolute favorite. There used to be a time when I was all about silver; now I hardly ever gravitate towards it. Funny how tastes change, isn't it?

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kelly and Reena! Happy new year to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Krista! I have looked at that La Cornue range and hood before...I can dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristie - Happy New Year! I know, it's only a dream for me too. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving me some black and gold and that range is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts