6.05.2011

March 22, 1919

The demo has begun on the 1905 English Cottage that we are renovating and we have already found a little treasure. On the original plaster wall in the master bedroom was this signature from Jimmie dated March 22, 1919. Can anyone make out what his last name is? It looks like Bettre or something like that... Help me out if you can decipher it, please.
I'm just starting to do research on the history of the home and its prior owners. I can't wait to learn more about Jimmie and his family! I will let you know what else I uncover.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! Love renovations. Can't wait to see what you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly - Thanks! I'm beyond excited... but it's going to be a long year living in this rental house until it's ready. Blach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like the last name is Betke. I'm pretty sure this is not an uncommon New England surname.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts