1.03.2011

Tea Towels & A New Textiles Line

I've met some of the nicest people online through cloth & kind and at the top of the list is my new friend Karen Young, the founder and creative mind behind Hammocks & High Tea. Do you know this lovely company yet? If not, you should get acquainted! 

Before I show you a few of my favorite items from Hammocks & High tea, please allow me to tell you just a few of the reasons why I adore Karen and her company...
1. Karen is one of those people who is just so easy to chat with because she is down to earth, genuine & approachable. We had a fantastic lunch together at The Standard Grill (yum, by the way) and although it was our first meeting, we chatted away like two old friends. Super nice girl, check.
2. Karen taught herself how to silk screen and when she first launched the company she was single handedly designing and producing the stationary, drawer liners and tea towels out of her home in Brooklyn. Super resourceful and creative, check.
3. All of Hammocks & High Tea's items are made with organic fabrics, including hemp, soy, and organic cotton, and their packaging uses recycled or recyclable material. Each product is also printed using water based, solvent free inks. You all know how I love textile companies who are as green as possible, right? Super environmentally friendly, check.
4. And the biggest reason of all, Karen's pieces are simply gorgeous. Beautiful product, check, check, check
Karen graciously gave me a set of these Tea Towels and I was blown away. The print is incredible and they are such a substantive weight, nice and thick. The photos don't do them justice. Oh, and they wash up so nicely - truly heirloom quality. Thank you, Karen!


Hammocks & High Tea's current line consists of heirloom quality home goods including sachets, tea towels, drawer liners, placemats, napkins & pillows...and {drum roll} in 2011 Karen will begin offering fabric by the yard. Hooray! She's teamed up with centuries old mills to produce limited quantities of her beautiful patterns. There will be no minimum yardages required, so start dreaming of where you will use these unique fabrics in your home. I'll be sure to let you know when they are available.

Karen Young, Hammocks & High Tea Founder 

One thing Karen said to me over our lunch was that she puts her heart and soul into everything she does. To me, it's absolutely evident.
p.s. I've added several of Karen's fabrics into my Textile Files collection, along with some other new additions. Take a peek!

4 comments:

  1. I adore Karen and her linens! I met her through Twitter and then in person at the New York Gift Show last August when we launched Dunes and Duchess. Since then I see her name and beautiful textiles everywhere! Glad you're helping spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @StacyStyle Happy to spread the word about Karen, and nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you for the sweet words Krista! I look forward to hanging out again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen - so glad you like it! Talk to you soon!
    Krista

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts