1.06.2011

Paste

I just received four absolutely charming handmade collages from Denise Fiedler at Paste and am so enchanted.
I got them for my master bedroom where two pieces will go side by side, above each of the bedside tables. Above and below are the exact pieces that I got. I'm infatuated with the lines on these chairs. And, for someone like me who loves a neutral color palette as long as it's interesting and textural, the aging newsprint makes these so interesting. Although they came in very nice, simple black frames, I took them out to get custom framed because I wanted to include a mat to enlarge each piece and make them feel a bit more substantial. I will definitely upload photos of them once they have been hung.
Denise, a book lover, uses vintage printed pages and incorporates them into representational images. She designs that which she connects with and moves her. Thing like...

Animals. How sweet would these be for the kids' room or playroom?

Market Items. I love beets!!! I can just see these hanging in the kitchen.

Even Portraits. This one reminds me of Graydon Carter, Editor in Chief of my favorite magazine, Vanity Fair. It's the hair. I wonder who it really is? If you can't find a face that you'd love to look at on your wall every day from the existing work, why not have your own custom portrait commissioned? How very chic.

There's so much more, you must visit the website and browse.

2 comments:

  1. cool! lovely greetings from Bulgaria

    ReplyDelete
  2. @DesignElements - thank you for your post all the way from Bulgaria! So glad you love the Paste post. Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts