9.10.2010

White, White, White

Yes, I know it's after Labor Day, but I'm not referring to fashion. Shades of white, cream, grey, natural linen, a hint of silver or gold - these neutrals are what I tend to come back to over and over again in my personal decorating preferences. There's something about the simplicity of a neutral color palette that makes me so, so happy....Which is why I was beyond thrilled with how the latest addition to my home turned out.

This adorable little stool was left with our beautiful 1936 Tudor style home when we purchased it. It was sad and dark looking with a deep red, very traditional fabric on it, but I saw its hidden potential. I gave the stool and the powder room vanity a fresh coat of white paint and - with the help of my talented friends Margaret Penn Rodriguez, Jenifer Davis Tucker & Debbie Jenks Bogart at Twist - the stool got a subtle silver rub and a gorgeous reupholster job in Quadrille's Veneto fabric. I completed the powder room make over with new hardware on the vanity - the Cocktail Ring Knob - from Anthropologie, a new Kensington Mirror & the Sussex Double Tube Scones from Pottery Barn. Now, it's the perfect little entry to the main floor bathroom.




The intricate detail on the legs reminds me of the work of one of my all time favorite furniture companies - Oly Studio. Doesn't it? Check out their Hanna Chair & Ottoman below (which, incidentally, I want desperately for my master bedroom).

Lastly, since I'm on such a neutrals roll, I'd be remiss if I did not mention this incredible fabric from Donghia. It's called Angelina and I personally think the combination of the wonderful neutral colorway with the nubby texture of the embroidered paisley is heavenly. I don't have this anywhere in my home yet, but I will someday soon. Considering I've been admiring this fabric for at least 5 years, I think it's about time I find a place for it. Any suggestions? Perhaps I should find another stool to recover.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts