9.02.2010

Madeline Weinrib

You can tell a lot by a logo. I remember the first time I came across Madeline Weinrib, years ago, and what first struck me was her well designed logo.

It didn't take long for me to realize that it wasn't just her logo that was well designed. Virtually everything that comes out of this atelier is unbelievable. It must be in the blood, because Madeline is the granddaughter of ABC Carpet & Home founder, Max Weinrib. She carries on the family tradition with her innovative collection of arisanally-crafted carpets and textiles.

Her textiles are gorgeous and accurate reproductions of some of the most beautiful motifs in the world, I think. And her rugs - oh my god! But, I love that she also has a section on her site dedicated to the real deal - antique & vintage textiles. She's a girl after my heart. What I wouldn't give to go be her apprentice. I would literally be willing to get her coffee and make her photocopies just for a chance to get inside her brain.

Here's a few of my fave antique suzani pillows from Madeline Weinrib...

And if it weren't already obvious that my day job is in advertising/marketing by my adoration of her logo, it will now become clear as day... I can't go without also saying that she has some of the best advertising in the industry. Perhaps it's just because her products speak to me, but I'm literally stopped in my tracks whenever I stumble upon one of her ads in Elle Decor or the likes. Don't you agree?

                              

                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts