5.26.2010

A Pleasant Surprise in Neiman Marcus

As I was browsing Neiman Marcus' Plaza Frontenac location in St. Louis last weekend, I was pleasantly surprised to find some stunning textiles adorning their walls. Upon further investigation, I learned that Neiman's has it's own corporate art collection and each store has anywhere from 80-100 original pieces in it. Among the famous artists in the collection are Pablo Picasso, Alexander Liberman, Andy Warhol, and Roy Lichtenstein.

These were a few of my favorites... and please note that the camera on my Blackberry does not do these textiles justice. They were much, much better in person. Enjoy!



Above: Indian. Territory of Ruler. Pichwai. The Neiman Marcus Collection. 

This piece reminds me of the year that my family lived in India. Gorgeous textiles like this were everywhere there and I remember being fascinated by the level of detail that went into these paintings - even as a child. This painting is huge - it must be at least 10' x 5' - and had quite a presence in person.

Above: Cuna Indians. Untitled (Alligators). Mola Textile. The Neiman Marcus Collection.


Above: Cuna Indians. Untitled (Flowers). Mola Textile. The Neiman Marcus Collection.

I loved the series of these two Mola textiles - hanging side by side. They are so bright and cheerful. I kept thinking to myself that they would be fabulous in a little girls' bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts