5.27.2010

100 Year Old Suzani


The worst part about purchasing incredible textiles like this antique suzani (circa 1900) from Tashkent in Uzbekistan is waiting the 3-4 weeks for it to arrive. I get so impatient! How stunning is my most recent purchase?!...



This piece is incredible and it was a true "find" because it's relatively difficult to obtain such a large antique piece with such gorgeous, vibrant colors that is in good condition like this one. This particular suzani is hand embroidered with homemade silk on homemade cotton fabric - can you imagine the time and love that went into creating this? I'm also really happy about the relationship I've established with a reputable textile dealer in Uzbekistan which will allow me easier access to antique suzanis like this one. Once my website launches, this will be available for purchase.

If you're not familiar with suzanis and are interested, you can read more about them here. The story behind them is just as beautiful as the textiles themselves are, I think. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts